We are looking for an excellent 3D Generalist to join our small yet dynamic art team in Seoul.
Your work would play a central role in helping to develop 3D character and world assets from our games to push our creative marketing campaigns to the next level.
You will work closely with the Art Lead, Digital Designer and Illustrator in Seoul as well as collaborate with artists from all our offices and game teams as we strive for the highest quality artwork possible.
In the creative process we encourage independence, critical thinking, and strong and open communication. Our art teams are small and agile, taking responsibility is a must and a passion for excellence in the details is essential to our success.
We are looking for passionate artists who want to help define and build game brands that will last for decades to come. To do this you’ll get to collaborate with our Supercell artists all over the world. This means travelling to Japan, China, Finland, and the US to learn, teach, communicate, share, and generally make cool stuff happen.
Our world class 3D artists in Helsinki have already begun to put in place an excellent 3D pipeline, now we need you to join us and support this critical development of tools and assets.
- Become a beacon of quality
- Help to develop internal 3D tools and pipeline
- Engage in critical review and feedback on all projects
- Assist the Art Lead in developing high quality guidelines for external 3D partners
- Work with 3D partners to ensure quality and brand/style consistency
- Enjoy finessing the finer details
- Support and collaborate with 3D artists from the game teams
- Openly share resources and knowledge
- Manage 3D asset inventory and ensure it is up to date and easily accessible
- Enlighten co-workers with regular updates and conversation about ongoing projects
- Contribute to building and maintaining a strong, open and supportive office culture in Korea and in Supercell in general
- 3+ years in a 3D team
- Deep Maya experience
- 3dMax experience a plus
- Great communicator
- Strong English language skills
- Ability to work accurately from 2D layout drawings to develop 3D scenes
- Ability to create and manage dynamic light rigs and rendering setups
- Experience in giving detailed feedback and communicating direction between both internal teams and external partners
- Interactive media experience is a plus
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
- Online portfolio and/or demo reel is required and must be included with application
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meeting
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!