Marketing Art Director
United States, San Francisco
At Supercell, our games come first. To ensure our games are played for years, by as many people as possible, we want to strengthen and expand the worlds of our games by telling timeless stories. Our marketing team in San Francisco is seeking a Marketing Art Director who can help deepen our world and characters through world-class CG cinematic and other other artistic formats.
Whatever your background is, you are a storyteller at heart. You believe that timeless and emotionally powerful stories spring from distinctive worlds populated by memorable characters. You will play an indispensable role in building those worlds and telling those stories for an audience of hundreds of millions around the world.
- Direct artistic experience in CG & 2D animation
- Marketing art experience including banners, featuring art, social media
- Exceptional visual storyteller
- Passionate about world-building and character development
- Experience managing and providing Art Direction and production support to creative teams
- VISION: develop and nurture a clear artistic vision for marketing content, from cinematic CG animated commercials, 2D shorts to campaign visual identity. Own and lead all artistic aspects of marketing production.
- SOUP TO NUTS: Whatever it takes to get the job done. You either roll up your sleeves to do it yourself or find partners to help you realize the vision.
- PARTNERS: sele
- ct and manage key creative partners (animation houses, creative agencies, etc.)
- GUARDIAN: ensure that everything we produce is world-class in quality and authentic to our game worlds, and actively helps our IP last for decades.
Why you'll love it here
- Be an integral part of one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Work with extremely talented and experienced teammates.
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work of your career
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time a very results driven culture
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai as well as annual company offsite meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
- We create great teams and take very good care of them
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best teams make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!