Brand & Content Marketing
The Marketing Team plays a key role in how we bring our games to market, and how we inspire people to play our games for years on end. It’s no small task. This means producing creative that excites and connects people to our games, that makes players and non-players alike smile. This means setting the standard for how to create a meaningful brand around free-to-play games, pushing the envelope with creative, and breaking the rules with media execution. We always need to find new ways to keep our games, and our players, as celebrated as they deserve to be.
About the role
The ideal Brand & Content Marketing candidate has the rare ability to provide strategic view, drive consensus across different teams, tap into killer creative instincts, and then execute in a nimble and effective way. The content that the person can provide to the players is what eventually counts. Your tens of millions audience lives inside the mobile screens that people carry with them wherever they go. With all the challenges comes limitless creative empowerment. You will be responsible for making your vision a reality, and figuring out how our marketing and communication will be as eventful as our games are!
We’ve already taken our first few steps toward fueling passion and excitement globally for our games, worlds, and characters. Over the past 3 years, we have assembled an exceptional team, internally and externally, that has crafted epic TV and OOH campaigns with an integrated approach to mobile advertising — all with unwavering dedication to our player community. Hey, we even introduced people to AngryNeeson52 in a Super Bowl ad! And we’ve only just gotten started. In this role you get to think and leave your mark on how we enhance the player experience through eventfulness. You can sharpen your focus on the existing players through our owned media platforms and give the players even more reasons to enjoy our games for years.
You will be working closely with one of our game teams: the makers of Clash Royale, Supercell’s fourth live game. The game has been a success since its global launch in early 2016, and just recently was awarded Game of the Year by Apple (iOS) as well as by Google Play (Android). Something must have gone right, huh? We still believe this is only the beginning for Clash Royale. We really want to enhance the players’ experience, be it while playing the game or maybe watching Clash-A-Rama on YouTube. It’s only been around a year since launch, and our marketing team has already shaped and re-shaped what it means to market mobile games, through fantastic creative and rule-breaking media execution. This moment is perfect for you to step in.
If you have the imagination, craftsmanship, and, well, healthy disregard for so-called rules, maybe you should join us.
- Producing and publishing brilliant creative content for millions of players
- Planning and programming an editorial calendar including:
- Promotions and communication about in game events and features
- Gathering and producing content from different sources
- Briefing and producing content with creative partners and internal team
- Measuring and analysing performance
- Collaborating proactively with our international marketing team and content creators
- Last but not least, helping craft the Clash Royale game brand on a daily basis
- 5+ years experience creating and marketing influential brands or brand narratives through content (games or otherwise) – and the knowledge to do it in 2017
- Experience in new mediascape and brand marketing required; big plus for experience in content programming and publishing; bonus points for some experience in game development or similar
- Ability to tame multiple projects across owned media channels and platforms
- Some experience in English copywriting
- Human embodiment of both Photoshop and Excel, representing a perfect blend of creative and analytical skills
- Preference for working without a handbook, with a love for doing what’s never been done before
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the currently most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with an extremely talented and experienced team
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- Regular trips to Supercell’s offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo
- Competitive salary and industry leading benefits
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice
- Awesome-ish colleagues
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!