Chief Accountant (Pääkirjanpitäjä)
Supercell’s Finance Team is a small powerhouse of five proactive doers who balance the books and keep tabs on assets in a totally unique environment: one of the world’s biggest game developers by revenue, yet smaller in headcount than all its industry peers. Add to that a majority shareholder in Tencent and Supercell’s own growing roster of subsidiaries, and you have a singularly inspiring and fun company to work with in finance.
The Finance Team is now ready to welcome a highly accomplished Chief Accountant as its sixth member – someone who can help us hack and slash our way through a jungle of credit and debit, both in real and in virtual currency.
About the role
You will work in close co-operation with our Group/Chief Accountant and will be responsible for accounting of our subsidiaries, payroll and revenue recognition among other duties.
You are hands-on in whatever you do and ready to work flexibly in an ever-changing environment, with a self-starting and can-do attitude. You are quick to react to revised international accounting standards and contribute by finding suitable solutions for us.
- Preparation of subsidiary company accounting (including real estate company) and related government reports and payments
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Participation in parent company accounting and period-end closing
- Payroll administration
- Revenue recognition
- 3+ years of experience as chief accountant or a similar role, with consolidation experience, preferably also IFRS or US GAAP exposure
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics (Tradenomi)
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Openness, flexibility and a service-minded personality
- Confidence, reliability and accuracy, with a good sense of materiality
- Excellent MS Office skills and experience of mainstream accounting and consolidation applications
- A passion for games and gamers
- Experience in real-estate company accounting
- Understanding of or exposure to software, games or entertainment industry from an accounting or finance perspective
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with games industry veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Competitive compensation and benefits – we create great teams and take very good care of them
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Shanghai, in addition to annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best teams make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!