At Supercell, we shoot for the moon in everything we do - there is no end and there is no bar, there is only better. This means that as a marketing team try to push the limits of connecting our games to players and keeping them excited. We believe in experimentation and taking calculated risks so we can do things that have never been done and achieve results that have previously never been unachieved.
In the past few years, the media team has been fortunate to contribute to some pretty cool achievements and never been done things like putting the first ever 360 degree masthead on YouTube, building some of the most sophisticated campaigns ever run on FB, and buying the most watched Super Bowl spot of all-time.
We want to find new, creative, and inspiring ways to showcase our games to the world. We know that we can’t do the same thing over and over and hope for spectacular results. Spectacular results need spectacular strategy, effort, and execution.
About the role
In order to achieve these results, we need a media expert that is entrepreneurial, strategic, analytical and who can own and drive all aspects of our campaigns – from managing agencies and partners, to identifying new platform opportunities for user growth and brand awareness, to optimizing bids and targeting.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and perhaps slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible.
- Identify areas of opportunity (growth, retention, awareness) that can be impacted through our digital channels and create and execute plans to drive impact
- Manage marketing efforts across various digital channels on multiple formats such as video, interstitial, and banners
- Design campaigns for acquisition, engagement, and awareness keeping in mind important factors such as lifecycle of games, seasonality, costs, competition, etc.
- Assist with content strategy, including distribution and optimization
- Own the relationships with digital media partners and creative agencies
- Identify and evaluate new platform opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in digital media industry
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Intensely curious and driven to learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Ideally, has a mix of mobile and performance marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage/own vendor relationships and drive success
- Many examples of deriving actionable insight from data
- Experience in traditional brand marketing a plus
- Experience with marketing attribution a plus
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Shanghai, as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best teams make the best games. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!