eSports & Competition
United States, San Francisco
We believe that Clash Royale has the opportunity take eSports to a place it hasn’t quite caught on… mobile platforms. Today’s eSports experience is built for console and PC games, but with the massive reach and ubiquity of mobile devices, we believe it can become much more accessible and mainstream than ever before. Mobile gaming can take eSports beyond the hardcore gaming niche and turn it into something that everyone does, everywhere.
We’re incredibly excited about this opportunity, and we’re looking for someone that can help us define what eSports means on mobile and what competition means to Clash Royale. We’ve only taken our first few steps into this world with events like Tokyo Clash, ClashCon 2015, and the Clash Royale Helsinki Tournament, and there’s a ton left to figure out. That’s where you come in!
- Define and shape the competitive vision for Supercell’s current and future mobile games
- Partner with our game development teams in Helsinki to integrate competitive & spectating needs into core game designs
- Work hand-in-hand with our Community & Marketing team members to plan, produce & execute competitive events around the world and online/live-streamed
- Develop competitive formats for community-organized event systems, including working with internal & external partners to develop online and/or in-game competition tools (e.g., brackets, leaderboards, scoring systems, etc.) community event swag & prizing, and promotion
- Develop new/unique competitive formats & systems to support local & global competition and to drive massive participation and, especially spectatorship
- Cultivate and develop an ecosystem including: mobile platforms, production companies, event organizers, communities, teams/organizations, and sponsors – as you see fit
- 10+ Years of leadership in games/sports/entertainment/media industries
- 5+ Years experience defining & executing competition in video games – but the preference to work without a playbook and to write an entirely new one
- Proven love for doing what’s never been done before
- A hands on, self sufficient individual that can work independently
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Established commitment for doing what’s best for players, first and foremost
- Towering strength in getting the best work from internal & external partners
Why you’ll love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Great compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!