Do you have an excellent eye for composition, color, and form? A love for popular culture, sub-cultures? Are you an ocular fiend obsessing over details that nobody else can see? And maybe you’ve been looking at it so long you’re not sure what you’re looking at anymore?
You need help.
OR, you could come and work with like-minded people in our Tokyo based marketing art team. Supercell is currently looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to take help us develop creatives for our marketing campaigns in Japan.
You will work closely with the Art Lead, digital designers and 3D artists as we strive for the highest quality artwork possible.
In the creative process we encourage independence, critical thinking, and strong and open communication. Our art teams are small and agile; taking responsibility is a must and a passion for excellence in the details is essential to our success. We are looking for passionate artists who want to help define and build game brands that will last for decades to come. To do this you’ll be asked to collaborate with our Supercell artists all over the world. This means travelling to Korea, China, Finland, and the US to learn, teach, communicate, share, and generally make cool stuff happen.
We want to grow, and become a beacon of artistic quality - can you help us get there?
- Create marketing assets, including banners, animations, rich media, and video
- Create content for game webpage, social media and other multimedia venues
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure that the visual identity is in line with the global marketing strategy
- Help to evaluate, select, and manage our roster of external creative vendors
- High understanding of digital trends and trials on new media
- Community art support
- Online ad creative A/B test for Japan, Korea and possibly China as well
- 3+ years on a marketing art team with 1 year of provide clear art direction
- Experience with graphic design, layout, typography, UI/UX and front-end web
- Experience giving detailed feedback and communicate direction between both internal team and external partners
- Strong understanding of marketing design and best practices for Japanese market
- Advanced knowledge and experience of with Photoshop and Illustrator
- High understanding on web and mobile environment
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
- Game industry experience is a plus
- Online portfolio and/or demo reel is required and must be included with application
- Fluent in Japanese and intermediate in English
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meeting
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
At Supercell every day offers a new playground with intriguing challenges, are you ready to play?