United States, San Francisco
Whether the goal of a marketing campaign is to drive installs, further engagement, or reconnect with lapsed players, the Supercell Media Team is responsible for making it happen. We allocate Supercell’s advertising budget in order to make all of our campaigns, online, offline and social, a huge success. To achieve this, we work very, very closely with a few select partners. You’ll be responsible for leading and inspiring these external teams to get the best results possible.
Our team and our partners helped make the Clash of Clans Supercell Spot the most watched Superbowl Ad of all time, and also brought you the first ever 360 degree masthead on YouTube. We’re always looking for creative ways to get our message across, just like we’re always looking for people with a big vision and entrepreneurial spirit to recognize and capitalize on those special opportunities.
About the role
At Supercell, we shoot for the moon in everything we do - there is no end and there is no bar, there is only better. This means that as a marketing team, we try to push the limits of connecting our games to players and keeping them excited. We believe in experimentation and taking calculated risks so we could do things that have never been done and achieve results that have previously been unachieved.
In the past few years, the media team has been fortunate to contribute to some pretty cool achievements and never been done things like putting the first ever 360 degree masthead on YouTube, building some of the most sophisticated campaigns ever run on FB, and securing placement for the most watched Super Bowl spot of all-time.
But in order for us to continue on this path, we need to find new, creative, and inspiring ways to showcase our games to the world. We know that we can’t do the same thing over and over and hope for spectacular results. Spectacular results need spectacular strategy, effort, and execution.
We believe that the opportunity to impact our games and players through marketing are only limited by how creative or daring we choose to be. And in order to reach new heights, we need great people. If you are a skilled and experienced media manager that is analytical, strategic, and entrepreneurial, you might be person we are looking for. As a member of the media team focused on digital efforts, responsibilities can and WILL vary from managing agencies and partners, to identifying new platform opportunities for player growth and retention, to creating and executing on content distribution strategies.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and perhaps slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply.
- Identify areas of opportunity (growth, retention, awareness) that can be impacted through our digital channels and create and execute plans to drive impact
- Manage marketing efforts across various digital channels on multiple formats such as video, interstitial, and banners
- Design campaigns for acquisition, engagement, and awareness keeping in mind important factors such as lifecycle of games, seasonality, costs, competition, etc.
- Assist with content strategy, including distribution and optimization
- Own the relationships with digital media partners and creative agencies
- Identify and evaluate new platform opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in digital media industry
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Intensely curious and driven to learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, fearless, willing to take bi risks, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Ideally, has a mix of mobile performance marketing as well as traditional brand marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manager/own vendor relationships and drive success
- Many examples of deriving actionable insight from data (read: must be able to do your own analysis)
Why you'll love it here
- Independence and lack of bureaucracy
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, art veterans, top talent and passionate gamers
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time, a very results-driven culture •Great compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Put smiles on the faces of 100 million people who play our games every single day •Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Tokyo, Seoul and China as well as our company offsite meetings
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your choice
- Work on teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!