Media Strategy & Analytics
United States, San Francisco
Whether the goal of a marketing campaign is to drive installs, further engagement, or reconnect with lapsed players, the Supercell Media Team is responsible for making it happen. We allocate our advertising budget in order to make all of our campaigns - online, offline and social - a huge success. To achieve this, we work very, very closely with a few select partners. You’ll be responsible for leading and inspiring these external teams to get the best results possible.
Our team and our partners helped make the Clash of Clans Supercell Spot the most watched Superbowl Ad of all time, and also brought you the first ever 360 degree masthead on YouTube. We’re always looking for creative ways to get our message across, just like we’re always looking for people with a big vision and entrepreneurial spirit to recognize and capitalize on those special opportunities.
About the role
At Supercell, we shoot for the moon in everything we do - there is no end and there is no bar, there is only better. This means that as a marketing team, we try to push the limits of connecting our games to players and keeping them excited. We believe in experimentation and taking calculated risks so we could do things that have never been done and achieve results that have previously been unachieved.
In the past few years, the media team has been fortunate to contribute to some pretty cool achievements and never been done things like putting the first ever 360 degree masthead on YouTube, building some of the most sophisticated campaigns ever run on FB, and securing placement for the most watched Super Bowl spot of all-time.
To stay on this path, we need to find new, creative, and inspiring ways to showcase our games to the world. We know that we can’t do the same thing over and over and hope for spectacular results. Spectacular results need spectacular strategy, effort, and execution.
In order to keep unlocking new levels of excellence, we need a proven data driven strategist that is adept at providing strategic insights and improving operational efficiency. As a member of the media team focused on strategy & analytics, you will partner with media buyers to ensure we are pursuing the best media strategy and executing flawlessly.
The person hired for this role is highly experienced in structuring ambiguous problems, owning and driving projects from start to finish, applying sound business judgment, and communicating complex issues effectively. Since opportunities to improve media strategy and efficiencies are not always obvious, it is critical that a person in this role is a self-starter and extremely curious and creatives in how they analyze and determine insights from data.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and perhaps slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply.
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Superior analytical capabilities with strong insight and understanding of how a business operates
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Versatility, to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Technical skills, to run advanced data analysis skills in Excel, and SQL, Python/R being a big plus
- Intense curiosity and drive to experiment and learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Has direct experience in web-based or mobile performance marketing
- Many examples of deriving actionable insight from data
- Comfortable working with a lot of ambiguity
Nice to have, not required
- Experience in planning or buying media
- Understanding of international markets
- Love of 90’s hip hop music and culture
- Work with media buyers and others in marketing org to define, launch, and drive critical strategic media operations recommendations
- Analyze and determine key insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics.
- Lead efforts on sophisticated quantitative analyses and that translates data into actionable insights.
- Lead KPI development and tracking across all media related functions
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity to anticipate business needs.
Why you'll love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, art veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- Great compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai as well as annual company offsite meetings
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice
- Work on and with teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!