Performance Marketing & Analytics
Whether the goal of a marketing campaign is to drive installs, further engagement, or reconnect with lapsed players, the Supercell Media Team is responsible for making it happen. We allocate Supercell’s advertising budget in order to make all of our campaigns, online, offline and social, a huge success. To achieve this, we work very, very closely with a few select partners. You’ll be responsible for leading and inspiring these external teams to get the best results possible.
Our team and our partners helped make the Clash of Clans Supercell Spot the most watched Superbowl Ad of all time, and also brought you the instantly recognizable JJ Lin, Jimmy Lin and Gao Yuanyuan Ad in China. We’re always looking for creative ways to get our message across, just like we’re always looking for people with a big vision and entrepreneurial spirit to recognize and capitalize on those special opportunities.
About the Role
At Supercell, we shoot for the moon in everything we do - there is no end and there is no bar, there is only better. This means that as a marketing team, we try to push the limits of connecting our games to players and keeping them excited. We believe in experimentation and taking calculated risks so we could do things that have never been done and achieve results that have previously been unachieved.
In the past few years, the media team has been fortunate to contribute to some pretty cool achievements and never been done things like building some of the most sophisticated campaigns ever run on Facebook, and securing placement for the most watched Super Bowl spot of all-time.
But in order for us to continue on this path, we need to find new, creative, and inspiring ways to showcase our games to the world. We know that we can’t do the same thing over and over and hope for spectacular results. Spectacular results need spectacular strategy, effort, and execution.
In order to reach new heights, we need a proven data-driven marketing strategist that is adept at providing strategic insights and improving operational efficiency. As a member of the media team focused on performance marketing & analytics, you will ensure we are pursuing the best media buying strategy and executing flawlessly.
We believe that the opportunity to impact our games and players through marketing are only limited by how creative or daring we choose to be. And in order to reach new heights, we need great people. If you are a skilled and experienced media marketing guru that is analytical (loves determining insights from data), strategic, and entrepreneurial, you might be the person we are looking for. As a member of the media team, this role demands an individual to drive all aspects of our media campaigns, from identifying new opportunities for player growth and retention on mobile, social media, specialized local platforms such as Weixin and Weibo and offline initiatives; to analyzing and determining the areas of greatest return on media spend investment; to managing multiple agencies and partners.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and perhaps slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply.
- Superior analytical capabilities with strong insight and proven understanding of how performance marketing works in China across all digital and offline channels (e.g. Weixin, Weibo, app store channels, TV, OOH)
- Versatile. Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Technical. Exceptional Excel and data analysis skills – SQL, Python/R is a big plus
- Has direct experience in Chinese mobile and traditional media performance marketing required; experience in brand marketing, and how the two integrate, a big plus
- Many examples of deriving actionable insight from data (read: must be able to do your own analysis)
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Define, identify, launch, and drive critical strategic media operations for player acquisition, engagement and retention in China
- Lead efforts on sophisticated quantitative analyses and that translates data into actionable insights; be willing and able to adjust marketing spend on the fly for best results
- Lead KPI development and tracking across all performance marketing related functions, measuring campaign and digital spend performance across all channels with external research partners and Supercell’s data(mad) scientists
- Design campaigns for acquisition, engagement, and awareness keeping in mind important factors such as channels, lifecycle of games, seasonality, costs, competition, ROI etc
- Help optimize our Weixin/Weibo official accounts, websites, app store pages and other channels for each game as a prime channel for acquisition and engagement
- Own our relationships with digital media partners in China
- Analyze and determine key insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics
- Work closely with our Brand team to manage relationships with digital media partners and creative agencies
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in the Chinese digital media industry and experiment with new creative ideas
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity to anticipate business needs
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the currently most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with an extremely talented and experienced team; our China team is small and you will have independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- Regular trips to Supercell’s offices in Helsinki, San Francisco, Seoul and Tokyo
- Competitive salary and industry leading benefits
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice
- Awesome colleagues
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!