Senior Game Artist, Clash of Clans
We are looking for motivated and passionate Game Artists to join the Clash of Clans team at Supercell. As an experienced Game Artist, you will have a portfolio of proven quality with a determination to push boundaries and create kick-ass art. You enjoy working as part of a team, but have a pro-active approach with a hunger to take responsibility on an individual level. We feel that talent feeds talent, that’s why we work together to create the best possible designs. We offer everyone an equal chance to impact the final result. Our teams are small and agile, and we strongly believe in the creative freedom of an artist.
At Supercell you have a chance to join a company of true professionals. We do not believe in unnecessary bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists. We are all driven and goal orientated individuals that contribute to a common cause. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the Artist we are looking for.
- Continued development of the visual style, design and overall look of Clash of Clans
- Create beautiful characters, buildings and environments to be rolled out into the game
- Develop visual concepts and ideas for future release
- Understand the Clash of Clans audience in order to develop the characters and environment they know and love
- Contribute artwork ideas toward the busy Communities and Forums
- Involve yourself with the look and feel of further projects including animation, community and marketing
- Ability to create a variety of production quality, cartoon style 3D art, with a passion for quirky Clash of Clans type characters
- Capable of independently creating concept sketches and final renderings/ tweaks and animation
- Proven experience with 3D software e.g. Maya / 3DS Max
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash
- Demonstrate pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Appreciation of User Interface design
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Opportunites to travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!