Senior Game Programmer
At Supercell, client programmers are gameplay masters. Beyond building tech, you will wear your designer hat and make a ton of calls on what goes into, and what doesn’t go into, games. With constant development of both live games and prototypes, game programmers have a ton of responsibilities here, and we’re looking for the best of the best… the type of programmers we can build entire game teams around.
One of the most important aspects of the Game Programming Team at Supercell is the ability to communicate and share our work between projects. If one game team creates something cool, we often use or repurpose that in another game. Part of your role will be to effectively collaborate and share knowledge among the rest of the team.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Game Client Programmer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused products. You enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists at Supercell. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Passion for games
- Understanding/experience with any of the following is a plus: Touch UI development, Open GL, Content Driven Systems, Free to Play model
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Shanghai as well as annual company off-site meeting
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!