Community Tournament Guidelines for Supercell Games
Effective Date: 4 July, 2016
Want to host a Supercell game tournament? We're here to help! Our goal is to make tournaments fair, fun and worry-free for everyone; we've drawn up Community Tournament Guidelines to make it easy as pie! Pie you make in the microwave!
IN-GAME TOURNAMENTS WITH IN-APP ITEMS AS REWARDS
If you are using a Supercell game feature that has in-game items as rewards such as the Clash Royale Tournament Mode (a "Tournament"), here are some key points to remember:
- All Tournaments must be free to enter – no exceptions!
- You can only offer the permitted in-game items as rewards to participants – that means no cash, or merchandise rewards!
ON-SITE EVENTS AND OTHER SUPERCELL GAME COMPETITIONS
If you are hosting an on-site event or other competition that does NOT use a game feature with in-game items as rewards (an "Event"):
- All Events must be free to enter – no exceptions! That said, if you host a live Event, you may only charge entry fees for the venue itself, and not the competition
- You are responsible for providing all prizes for your Event. You cannot ask players to fund prizes. The maximum value of prizes (cash, merchandize etc…) is $10,000 USD.
- Note: you can offer in game items or cash / cash-equivalent, but not both.
Finally, here are some general rules that apply to all Tournaments and Events alike:
- Supercell is in charge of its games but the hosts are in charge of their Tournaments and Events. You can't say that a Tournament or Event is "official" or suggest that Supercell is involved with, responsible for, or endorses, your Tournament or Event or any prizes awarded.
- As host, make sure your Tournament or Event is legal under applicable local law and regulations.
- To host or play in an Event or Tournament, you must to be old enough to compete or host per local regulations & requirements – it's the law!
- You can record or stream your Tournament or Event on any online platform, but you cannot broadcast on TV.
- You can't charge people to view your Tournament, or Event stream(s).
- Tournaments and Events should be fun and engaging; skill must determine the winners. Any types of match-fixing and/or similar shady activities are strictly forbidden!
- You can use the Tournament/Event art and game logos we provide, but you can't modify them, or use Supercell's logo or trademarks.
- Your Tournament or Event can't promote other game companies, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, pornography, weapons, gambling, or companies or services that act contrary to Supercell's interests.
- Supercell might promote your Tournament or Event, or use the results of your Tournament or Event to qualify players for official Supercell tournament events and marketing activities.
- We want Tournaments and Events to be fair and fun. We'll take appropriate action, including suspending or cancelling Tournaments and Events if need be.
- If your Tournament or Event fits within these Tournament Guidelines, you don't need a license or other permission from Supercell. If it doesn't, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we can work together.
- Except for these requirements, setting up and running a Tournament or Event is up to you! The competition format, rules and prizes are all up to you, as long as they meet the Tournament Guidelines!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks, and have fun!
Note that these Tournament Guidelines are always evolving; they may amended at any time via an online post, so please check back here for updates!