2D Game Artist
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Character Artist to join our Shanghai Studio which is our first international development studio outside Helsinki. If you are someone who has a tremendous amount of innovative game concept ideas that you would like to work with a world-class team to develop, in a culture that emphasizes independence and learning, in the world’s largest gaming market, then this is a perfect role for you.
You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused games. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don’t have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don’t have strict processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
Your main focus will be on developing new beloved characters for new game prototypes. You will need to be a generalist in the sense that you should be able to independently design, execute and make your assets. You will be surrounded by people who will help you become a better game developer each day, inspire you and push you to break mobile games as we know them today. And you will also do the same to the people you are working with.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists at Supercell. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Work on the development of a visual style, design and overall look of a project or projects in development
- Develop character visual concepts and ideas for new games
- Supports team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else
- Manage and work with outsource studios
- Involve yourself with the look and feel of further projects including animation, marketing and 3D assets
- Capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to create a variety of production quality, Supercell style, 3D art
- Experience in 3D modelling (Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush is a plus)
- Passion for games, especially Supercell games
- Capable of independently creating 2D art from concept sketching to final renderings/tweaks
- Demonstrate pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Fluent in English and mandarin
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.