Business and Operations Lead
We’re now looking for Business and Operations Leads to own the financials and operations for our games. While we are not after people who care about fancy titles, you can think of this role as being a COO/CFO of a multi million dollar global game business with full P&L ownership and accountability. You will partner with the Game Lead (“CEO” of the game), who leads all game development efforts, to jointly run and operate a new game that will serve millions of players globally. You are also a scrappy entrepreneur whose tasks range from managing business growth at the EBITDA level, to collaborating directly with game developers in order to identify and implement new monetization strategies (and owning the actual execution) and growth avenues.
You will own the full loop of the game’s financials and operations, starting off with the high level business planning and financial strategy, the global marketing strategy and cost management to the monetization and live ops strategy and actual execution. This will also be one of the most collaborative roles, as you will partner EXTREMELY closely with multiple stakeholders: game designers, client programmers, data analysts/engineers, marketers, community managers, player support, legal, and finance - depending on what your vision and tasks entail. For external partners such as the platform partners, you will represent the game and its business, and manage the relationships while continuously looking for ways to effectively grow the global business and player community together.
What we are NOT looking for is someone who will delegate the business to multiple people and “indirectly” manage the business, or limit themselves to high level strategy consultation via powerpoint slides. This role will ONLY be for those who equally enjoy high level strategy development, deep dive analytics, scrappy operations, and firsthand accountable risk taking - all for the purpose of driving globally scaled levels of impact with some of the most talented game developers and operators in the world - while having a total blast along the way!
This is an extremely high impact role, as you will be accountable for the long term commercial success and growth for a global game business, while always rolling up your sleeves to invent and/or simplify operations throughout the journey.
- P&L Ownership (Revenue, Operation Costs, EBITDA) for one of the Supercell games
- Ensuring long-term and sustainable Business Growth (Revenue, EBITDA)
- Responsible for the game’s Commercial/Monetization Strategy, Planning, Analytics, and Execution
- In-Game Live Ops Strategy, Planning, Analytics, and Execution
- Global Product Marketing Strategy, Planning, and Coordination
- Global Budget Management/Financial Controlling
- Platform Partner Management/Business Development
- Proven track record in P&L management for a global B2C business (scale and impact)
- Proven track record of input driven topline growth for a global B2C business
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to be operationally hands-on
- An effective communicator with a burning passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Highly analytical, flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting
- Ability to make decisions based on both qualitative gut feel and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment with strong ability to influence
- General understanding of marketing strategy, analytics, and planning
- Passion for games and obsessed with improving the player experience
- Humble and hungry with a growth/improvement mindset
- Looking for driving impact and not chasing titles