Supercell is one of the most successful games companies in the world. With only 250 employees in 5 offices, we believe that small, highly independent teams of “A” players can be more impactful than armies of “B” teams. Hence, we are looking for the best & brightest to contribute to our team. Small teams require that each individual is able to contribute at a high level, with a global and scalable focus. Our goal is to have Supercell games become a “cultural phenomenon in China.”
We are currently looking for a senior Business Development Professional to help build out and execute the overall strategy of relationship with all digital app stores. We pride ourselves on the level of thoughtfulness, quality and craftsmanship put into every aspect of our work. Be it the games themselves, or how we communicate them to the rest of the world – we enjoy doing the kind of work that is big, impactful and never been done before.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply.
- Identify, assess and execute business partnerships in China to maximize opportunities for our games, IP and brand
- Develop and manage the relationships of all digital mobile app stores in China (including Apple app stores, MHA, UC, 360 etc) as well as building our relationships with publishers
- Maintain regular strong cooperation with app stores, ie: game update, marketing scenarios, new game launches, offline events etc. Work closely with our China marketing team, finance, operations and legal teams to ensure their plans are realized and amplified amongst business partners, whilst helping to build a business around these opportunities
- Identify and recommend potential investment & licensing opportunities
- Monitor the overall market environment to help develop impactful strategic plans for the success of Supercell
- Track and manage business performance & impact through establishing goals and KPIs
- At least 6 years’ experience in a senior business development role in gaming industry, with a track record of orchestrating, negotiating and executing large scale business partnerships.
- Have a good knowledge of what/how to cooperate with digital appstores and publishers in China.
- Have a keen eye for new opportunities for the business and able to think about these through multiple perspectives
- Deep experience with a variety of different types of deals including publishing, partnerships, licensing and sponsorship, as well as understanding industry benchmarks, market trends and monetization opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong negotiation skills and a solid legal understanding
- High level of integrity is a must.
- Preference for working without a handbook, with a love for doing what’s never been done before.
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Excellent English and Chinese (Mandarin) language communication skills, both oral and written
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.