Data Scientist, Game Team
At Supercell, the Data Scientists are vital members of the game teams, where they can actively contribute to game design and direction by providing insights on player behavior and features in the game. Working on any one of our games is a ton of fun! You will be developing a deeper understanding of the game's virtual economies, players' behavioural patterns and game balance.
As a Data Scientist at Supercell, we expect you to help us make the game even better for our players by bringing hard data to the table whenever needed. You would crack hard game design problems with data to bring the game to the next level. In the long term, the person that we end up hiring for this role can end up working in any game team, but right now, we need your help and skills in the Hay Day team where you will also be provided with the best possible experience to get started and learn.
- Work with the game team to define data to be collected from the game for analysis
- Analyse key performance indicators such as retention, lifetime value, player acquisition and virtual economy balance
- Design and analysis of A/B tests to estimate the effect on key metrics and provide recommendations
- Build and maintain dashboards for the game team so that they can keep track of the most important metrics for the game
- Develop models for predicting player behavior
- Answer in-depth analytics questions from the team and create reports of the results
- Identify and report actionable insights to internal stakeholders, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results
- Formal degree in a quantitative discipline involving mathematics and statistics studies
- 4+ years experience in a Data Scientist or Analyst role, involving some of the following: data analytics, CRM data analysis, data mining, business intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages (R, Python, etc.) and Jupyter notebooks
- Knowledge of modern data processing technologies (Spark, Parquet, columnar DBs, etc.)
- Knowledge of major cloud providers and their offerings for analytics (EMR, S3, Kinesis, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience in interpreting and visualizing data to provide actionable insight and conclusions on user/product behavior
- Comfortable working in an international, fast-paced, challenging and stimulating organization
- Solid communication skills. Being able to compile and translate data, numbers and analyses into normal English, and present findings to non-technical audiences
- Passion for games and analytics
- Considered a plus: Experience in the video game or entertainment industry, specifically focused on virtual economics
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our founding in 2010, we've released five games globally - Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games - games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here..
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland, but you are not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated relocation team will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.