Senior Game Character Artist, Clash Royale
We are looking for Game Artist join our Clash Royale team. Your main focus will be on developing new beloved characters for the game. You will need to be a generalist in the sense that you should be able to independently design, execute and make your assets work in Clash Royale. You will be surrounded by people who will help you become a better game developer each day, inspire you and push you to break mobile games as we know them today. And you will also do the same to the people you are working with.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Clash Royale team is focused on creating an accessible, epic combat experience that will appeal to hundreds of millions of players, for years and years to come. We want Clash Royale to be the biggest game in the world, and to get there, we need to take big risks.
Taking risks requires a team that is super open and accepting of new ideas. As such, the ideal addition to the Clash Royale team is incredibly excited about big, outside of the box concepts, and can bring their own to the table. You should be able to express those ideas clearly, and execute on them as well. It is important that team members are autonomous and proactive – but no one is alone. We discuss as a team the direction and vision and how to make it a better game, and then we do our thing as individuals with no one telling you what to do.
- Works on the development of a visual style, design and overall look of Clash Royale
- Creates beautiful characters, assets and environments to be rolled out into the game
- Develops visual concepts and ideas
- Contributes with artwork ideas toward communities and forums
- Gets involved in the look and feel of further projects including animation, community and marketing
- Supports team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Generally just nails 2D, 3D and/or UI art for mobile games
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and maybe even final renderings/tweaks and animation
- Ability to create a variety of production quality, Supercell style, 3D art
- Proven experience with 3D software e.g. Maya / 3DS Max
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash
- Pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Appreciation and understanding of User Interface design
- Previous experience in game development and game art
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
YOU MIGHT LOVE IT HERE...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
THIS POSITION IS IN FINLAND, BUT YOU’RE NOT?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We’re here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you’re bringing along.