The China team is responsible for bringing the best of Supercell to China and Chinese gamers. There is a huge gaming market and a gigantic player base in China, especially when you consider that we’re the smallest team at Supercell! That means that each individual member of the China Team has the opportunity to make an immense impact on how we market and operate our games in the local market.
Our goal is to make Supercell the leading Western mobile gaming company in China. In an ultra-competitive market, this requires an approach that meets and exceeds the expectations of Chinese players, but is still in line with the global vision of Supercell. Every member of the China team is going to be responsible for a lot, and must be religious about quality and challenging conventions at every possible turn! We’re looking for people who are used to driving initiatives forward independently, can multi-task and who are ready to take big, creative risks to help us win.
About the Role
About the Role
Do you have an excellent eye for marketing art? Are you passionate about working on a team of creative "let’s take this to the next level" people?
Our goal is to create the best and most memorable creative content that our Chinese players will value and enjoy for years to come. To do this Supercell China is growing our art team and we need a multitasking superhuman in the form of a Marketing Art Lead that has the creative vision and ability to lead our art direction in China, take ownership of all our marketing creatives and lead our production efforts.
You will help create and implement the visual design elements associated with Supercell's positioning in China and strategic marketing. Our Art Lead should be a person that can build a strong rapport with artists in China and throughout our global offices and be able to bring out the best in them, someone that can manage multiple communication channels internally and externally (in both Chinese and English) and understand the process of turning an idea into a finished product. Join a small and dynamic team in a rapidly growing gaming company to collaboratively work in creating the most unique marketing campaigns for our Chinese gamers. You will be expected to work autonomously and independently while having the freedom in shaping the marketing style and building an amazing Art Team in China.
You would be working closely with Art Leads, Artists and Producers from our sister offices in Korea, Japan, San Francisco and Helsinki and if you like to travel that’s great! because you’ll need to travel to those places from time to time.
- 10+ years on a marketing art team with at least 3 years in Art Director/Producer role
- Experience giving detailed feedback and communicate direction between both internal team and external partners
- Experience with graphic design, layout, typography
- Strong understanding of marketing design and best practices
- Sketching and Story Boarding skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with video editing
- 3D software such as Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Autodesk Maya is a HUGE plus
- Understanding of graphics styles and related demographics
- Experience with A/B testing and performance marketing strongly desired
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
- Mobile Marketing experience preferred
- Game industry experience is a plus
- Online portfolio and/or demo reel is required and must be included with application
- Lead the art and design vision and be the ‘gatekeeper’ for all marketing materials, game content and creative content in China; be a beacon of quality
- Give art direction, inspire, mentor, and manage our internal team and external design contractors
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure that our visual identity in China is in line with our global marketing strategy but also localized for Chinese tastes; maintain an excellent relationship with our other Art Teams in San Francisco, Seoul and Japan
- Be an integral part of the marketing team and work closely with our different game teams in Helsinki
- Help to evaluate, select, and manage our roster of external creative vendors, that is to say, you will help us choose (and fire) agencies
- Be a key leader in shaping the future of our Art Team in China including hiring
- Utilize metrics and a user-oriented mindset to drive design decisions and tests
- Help develop cross-channel marketing campaign concepts
- Keep on top of current trends for mobile advertising
Why you will love it here
- A first-row view into one of the currently most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with an extremely talented and experienced team; our China team is small and you will have independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- Regular trips to Supercell’s offices in Helsinki, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo
- Competitive salary and industry leading benefits
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice [update for art needs?]
- Awesome colleagues
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!