- Play a key role in helping Supercell’s games become a ‘cultural phenomenon” in Japan
- Develop and devise integrated campaigns for each game in partnership with other marketing team members, across media channels, and community functions in Japan
- Build our creative platform and marketing messages
- Drive creative development across TV, online/mobile, outdoor, and other formats as applicable in partnership with the marketing art team and game teams
- Measure campaign and brand performance with external research partners and Supercell’s data(mad) scientists
- Manage relationships with creative agencies and advertising partners, including mobile advertising networks, social networks, online, print, outdoor advertisement, TV and other partnerships
- Working closely together with Supercell’s game teams & artists in Helsinki and our marketing teams in San Francisco, Korea and China to craft each game’s brand positioning and overall creative strategy in Japan
- 7+ years experience creating and marketing revered brands (entertainment, games, online or e-commerce) – must know how to go “big”
- Experience in traditional media and brand marketing, required; experience in performance marketing, and how the two integrate, a big plus.
- Experience managing creative development and media planning/buying partners, from briefing through execution
- Blend of creativity and analytical skill with a strong results-oriented, metrics-driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects across media channels, networks and platforms
- Proven track record in building brands and rapidly growing companies
- Preference for working without a handbook, with a love for doing what’s never been done before.
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Excellent English and Japanese language communication skills, both oral and written
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco and Shanghai as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!