Community Manager (Clash of Clans)
The Clash of Clans team’s goal has always been to build a game that players will love, not just for weeks or months, but for years. As players ourselves, it’s a mission we all feel incredibly passionate about. It is an awesome responsibility to work on one of the biggest mobile games in the world, and we have the independence, flexibility and trust to push the game in really fun directions.
We are a small team and we work well together. There are no roadmaps, assignments or task checks on the Clash of Clans team. We talk things through as a group, put ideas on a white board and get to work. Every individual member of the team is responsible for doing their job and we trust one another completely. We’re looking for senior people who can execute and follow through without a lot of guidance and support. To join the team you must also be a passionate Clasher, an independent worker and incredibly good at what you do.
The focus of the Community Manager is improving the way we communicate with the Clash of Clans Community.
You will be responsible for understanding and sharing the game team’s vision with our players. As a steadfast advocate for our Developers, and for Clashers around the world, you’ll be communicating openly, clearly and effectively about every decision we make!
You will be a member of the game development team based in Helsinki, Finland, and act as an authentic face and voice of Clash of Clans, whether in writing or on video, or in person at live events.
- Clearly and effectively communicate the game development team’s vision with players through our community channels, including forums, blogs, in-game messaging, Reddit, social media, Twitch, and YouTube
- Always stay one step ahead of the talk on forums, and be proactive about coming up with relevant themes for the community to discuss
- Own the communication efforts around game updates, balance changes, fair play, competitive play and player education
- Collaborate closely with community, marketing, and game team members
- Be the voice of the team in all communications, primarily in writing but also in person and on video
- Advocate on behalf of Clashers in development related discussions
- Exceptional penmanship with a magical power over language in native-level English, carefully considering every choice of word, comma and period to deliver the highest quality and clearest messaging
- A people person who is experienced in presenting on video or at live events, or at least eager to face a camera or crowd of diehard Clashers
- A soothsayer of sorts that can accurately imagine how players will act to a given announcement, update or new game feature, and develop messaging to help us navigate around potential Giant Bombs before they even blow up
- A long-time, incredibly committed Clasher who keeps up to date with all the news and discussions happening across Clash Community channels, or a genuine willingness to grasp the game and its fanbase through and through
- A passionate gamer who understands how games are made and the people who make them
How to apply
Please submit the following documents in the form below:
- Cover letter
- Extra attachment: A previously unpublished blog post of a current hot topic in the Clash of Clans community, that you would like to address
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits
- We create great teams and take very good care of them
- You can put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire