Community Manager (Clash Royale)
The Clash Royale team is focused on creating an accessible, epic combat experience that will appeal to hundreds of millions of players, for years and years to come. We want Clash Royale to be the biggest game in the world, and to get there, we take big risks.
Taking risks requires a team that is incredibly open to new ideas. As such, the ideal addition to our team is excited about big, outside-the-box concepts, and can bring their own to the arena. As a team, we discuss the direction and the vision, and how to make Clash Royale an even more thrilling experience. As individuals, we commit to our craft with autonomy and drive, inspiring each other to accomplish ever greater things.
The focus of the Community Manager is improving the way we communicate with the Clash Royale Community.
You will be responsible for understanding and sharing the game team’s vision with our players. As a steadfast advocate for our developers, and for Clashers around the world, you’ll be communicating openly, clearly and effectively about every decision we make!
You will be a member of the game development team based in Helsinki, Finland, and act as an authentic face and voice of Clash Royale — be it in writing or on video, or in person at live events.
- Clearly and effectively communicate the game development team’s vision with players through our community channels, including forums, blogs, in-game messaging, Reddit, social media, Twitch, and YouTube — this means writing updates and articles, and identifying community-generated content that deserves featuring
- Always stay one step ahead of the talk on forums, and be proactive about coming up with relevant themes for the community to discuss
- Own the communication efforts around game updates, balance changes, fair play, competitive play and player education
- Collaborate closely with community, marketing, and game team members, because your work will affect everyone else and vice versa
- Be the voice of the team, primarily in writing but also in person and on video
- Advocate on behalf of players in development-related discussions to help us keep improving Clash Royale
- Exceptional penmanship with a superb power over language in native-level English, carefully considering every choice of word, comma and period to deliver content with quality and clarity
- A people person who is experienced in presenting on video or at live events, or at least eager to face a camera/crowd and won’t let the cat get their tongue
- A soothsayer of sorts that can accurately imagine how players at all levels will act to a given announcement, update or new game feature, and then help us navigate around potential fireballs with the right sort of messages in the right places at the right time
- A passionate gamer who understands how games are made and the people who make them
- A passionate and long-time player of Clash Royale, or someone with the sincere desire to grasp every Deck and Arena through and through
How to apply
Use the form at the bottom of this page to send:
- A CV (with links to your previous publications, videos or events)
- A cover letter
- If you don’t have prior writing references, a sample blog post to wow us with your writing skills
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits
- We create great teams and take very good care of them
- You can put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire