We’re looking for a Concept Artist to join our team in Helsinki.
Meet all the quirky and exciting characters in our games, and be amazed how awesome all of them are. They call Creature Shop their home - this is where all of these wonderful creatures turn from doodles and sketches to living and breathing personalities millions of people have seen on TV, online and in our games.
The Creature Shop works closely with all Supercell game teams to bring the characters into the real world, by creating the high resolution assets for our games and for marketing purposes. The team also works globally with our global marketing teams by providing tools and assets to ensure that Supercell produces only top class marketing creatives. This small, agile and extremely talented team is also home to the best artists in the business. We have total trust in our team members, giving one the opportunity to be as creative and awesome as possible.
Our goal is to create the best and most memorable content that our players will value and enjoy for years to come. To do this we are growing our Creature Shop art team and looking for a Concept Artist, who will work with different game teams to help develop visual identities, characters and environments for our current and new games.
- Creating concept art for in-game characters and immersive environments across multiple games
- Help developing visual identities for games together with the game team artists
- Design new characters and environments for existing games following the already established visual style
- Provide 3D character artists detailed concepts and blueprints to work from
- Contribute to building and maintaining a strong, open and supportive office culture in Helsinki and in Supercell in general
- Willing to travel to support other offices when needed
- 5+ years game industry experience in concept art and illustration
- An ability to design compelling and quirky characters, including their surroundings, focusing on stylized and cartoony designs
- An ability to create functional character and environment designs for games
- Great digital 2D concepting and painting skills, ability to render light and materials correctly
- Great understanding of color, human anatomy and body mechanics
- An up-to-date online portfolio that portrays your work and progress
- Fluency in English
- 3D skills: sculpting, modeling, texturing, rigging or shading in Zbrush and Maya or in some other 3D package
- Graphic design knowledge: Layout, typography
- A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meeting
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
At Supercell every day offers a new playground with intriguing challenges, are you ready to play?