We want our players to love every experience with our game worlds and characters, both when playing our games and in everyday life. The Marketing Art team is responsible for the look and feel of our brands outside of the games themselves. We create loading screens, event designs, merchandising concepts, help guide TV animation, and much, much more. It’s a unique responsibility for a unique team distributed across every Supercell office in the world.
With so many people in so many different places, communication and collaboration is incredibly important, but the most important value is the ability and confidence to experiment. We’re looking for highly skilled artists with really big ideas. You’ll have the freedom to learn, try and do new, innovative things in the industry and collaborate with an incredibly talented team!
About the role
Do you have an excellent eye for composition, color, and form? A love for popular culture, sub-cultures? Are you an ocular fiend obsessing over details that nobody else can see? How about you come and work with like-minded people in our Seoul based marketing art team? Supercell is currently looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to take help us develop creatives for our marketing campaigns in Korea.
You will work closely with the Art Lead, Senior Designer, Illustrator and 3D artists as we strive for the highest quality artwork possible.
In the creative process we encourage independence, critical thinking, and strong and open communication. Our art teams are small and agile; taking responsibility is a must and a passion for excellence in the details is essential to our success. We are looking for passionate artists who want to help define and build game brands that will last for decades to come. To do this you’ll be asked to collaborate with our Supercell artists all over the world. This means travelling to Japan, China, Finland, and the US to learn, teach, communicate, share, and generally make cool stuff happen. We want to grow, and become a beacon of artistic quality - can you help us get there?
- Create marketing assets, including banners, animations, rich media, and performance video
- Create content for game webpage, social media and other multimedia venues
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure that the visual identity is in line with the global marketing strategy
- Help to evaluate, select, and manage our roster of external creative vendors
- High understanding of digital trends and trials on new media
- Community art support
- 4+ years on a marketing art team with 1 year of provide clear art direction
- Experience with graphic design, layout, typography, UI/UX and front-end web development is a plus
- Experience giving detailed feedback and communicate direction between both internal team and external partners
- Strong understanding of marketing design and best practices for Korean market
- Advanced knowledge and experience of with Photoshop and Illustrator
- High understanding on web and mobile environment
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
- Game industry experience is a plus
- Online portfolio and/or demo reel is required and must be included with application
- Native in Korean and fluent in English
Why you’ll love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits.
- We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
Please apply by sending us your CV and application letter, as well as a link to your portfolio.