We want our players to love every experience with our game worlds and characters, both when playing our games and in everyday life. The Community and Marketing teams are responsible for the content distributed to the player community in our own distribution channels. We create animations, blogs, videos, comics, and much, much more for the players to engage and enjoy our game brands even when they are not playing. It’s a unique responsibility for teams distributed across every Supercell office in the world.
With so many people in so many different places, communication and collaboration is incredibly important, but the most important value is the ability and confidence to experiment. We’re looking for highly skilled graphic designer with ability to be creative with the art and assets our game artists have created. You’ll have the freedom to learn, try and do new, innovative things in the industry and collaborate with an incredibly talented team!
About the role
Do you have an excellent eye for composition, colour, typography and layouts? A love for design values? Are you an ocular fiend obsessing over details that nobody else can see? How about you come and work with like-minded people in our Helsinki based Community team? Supercell is currently looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to help us build an in-game media and create content to our 100 million daily players.
You will work closely with content creators and producers, game designers, and digital creatives as we strive for the highest content quality possible. In the creative process we encourage independence, critical thinking, and strong and open communication. Our teams are small and agile, taking responsibility is a must and a passion for excellence in the details is essential to our success.
We are looking for passionate graphic designer with digital background who want to help define and build a channel with content that inspires the players to keep playing our games for years to come. To do this you’ll be asked to collaborate with our Supercell Community and Marketing teams in Helsinki and San Francisco. This means daily co-operation with content creators and producers to make cool stuff for our players.
We want to be the best in delivering awesome content to our faithful player community, and as a part of the team you can help us to get there!
- Create and produce and art direct visual assets, including but not limited to: key art visuals, layouts, batches of visual assets and rich media on a recurring basis
- Create content for in-game media platforms, social media and other digital channels
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external creative partners to ensure that the visual identity is in line with the games visual world
- Help to evaluate, select, and manage our roster of external creative vendors
- Create and manage layouts with a content management system
- Long experience on breathing and living graphic design
- Strong sense of graphic design, typography, web design, layouts and UI/UX
- Experience giving detailed feedback and communicate direction between both internal team and external partners
- Strong understanding of marketing design and best practices for Western market
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience on designing responsive layouts for web environments
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
- High understanding of digital trends and trials on new media
- Online portfolio is required and must be included with application
Why you'll love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Awesome compensation and benefits
- We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Beijing as well as annual company offsite meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
Please apply by sending us your CV and application letter, as well as a link to your portfolio.