Do you have an excellent eye for branding and design? Supercell is currently looking for a Graphic Designer to take ownership of some of our newest marketing creatives across Korea, Japan, and South-East Asia. You will help create and implement the visual design elements associated with Supercell’s positioning in the market and be the gatekeeper for one of our hit global games. You will be responsible for producing in-house content as well as managing external production houses.
Joining a small and dynamic team in a renowned gaming company, you will collaborate with marketers and artists alike in creating unique and inspiring marketing campaigns. You will be a key team player with an affection for fine details and responsibility for artistic quality.
About the team
We are a small, agile marketing team with a tight focus on the Korean game scene as well as a broad global responsibility in our output. We want our players to love every interaction with our game worlds and characters, both when playing our games and in everyday life. A Marketing Artist is responsible for the look and feel of our brands outside of the games themselves. We create event designs, merchandising concepts, help guide TV animation, and much, much more. It’s a unique responsibility for the handful of artists that are working across every Supercell office in the world.
We value the ability and confidence to always look for ‘better’. We’re looking for highly skilled artists with really big ideas. You’ll have the freedom to learn, try and do new and innovative things in the industry and collaborate with incredibly talented people in the games and marketing teams.
- Lead the design direction and be one of the gatekeepers for our visual standard in Korea, Japan, and South-East Asia. Also global community art direction.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure that the visual identity is in line with the global marketing strategy
- Be an integral part of the marketing team and work closely with the different game teams
- Help to evaluate, select, and manage our roster of external creative vendors - Art Direction
- Utilize metrics and a user-oriented mindset to drive design decisions and tests
- Developing cross-channel marketing campaign concepts
- Keep on top of current trends for mobile gaming and popular culture
- 7+ years on a marketing art team with at least 1 year in Art Director/Lead role
- Knowledge and appreciation for the ‘Supercell art style’
- Experience with graphic design, layout, typography
- Give detailed feedback and communicate art/design direction between internal teams and external partners
- Strong understanding of marketing best practices for the Korean market
- Experience with A/B testing and performance marketing strongly desired
- To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
- Game industry experience is a plus
- 3D experience is a plus
- Working fluency English (at minimum), Korean language skills a huge bonus, extra points for Japanese language skills (but not required)
- Online portfolio and/or demo reel is required and must be included with application
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Great compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Put smiles on the faces of the tens of millions of people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, San Francisco, Tokyo and Shanghai as well as annual company offsites
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice
- Work on and with teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!