Marketing Manager, SEA
Our goal is to devise and execute a long-term marketing strategy to help Supercell learn and grow in one of the most competitive gaming markets in the entire world: Korea. We make cool stuff for the best mobile games and we look to inspire everyone with our work: our players, our coworkers and even the industry at large.
Our team is focused on understanding both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of our work -- we experiment passionately with an aim to always make an impact beyond our geographical borders. We’re looking for people to join us in this effort… people who focus on the big picture, and love vigorous and open discussions. If you’re ready to challenge the status quo and want to be a thought leader in the industry, Supercell Seoul is the place for you!
A specialized team has kicked off recently to take care of our players in the Southeast Asia region. Our vision is to provide the optimal experience for our players in the region in all aspects, including games, marketing, and community.
We are currently looking for a marketing professional to execute campaign and content localization as well as manage multiple local partners in the region. We pride ourselves on the level of thoughtfulness, quality and craftsmanship put into every aspect of our work. Be it the games themselves, or how we communicate them to the rest of the world – we enjoy doing the kind of work that is big, impactful and never been done before.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply.
- Play a key role in setting up overall communication strategy for Southeast Asian countries for Supercell
- Localize content and creatives developed in other markets for multiple SEA countries
- Drive original creative/content development across TV, online/mobile, outdoor, and other formats
- Measure campaign and brand performance with external research partners and Supercell’s data(mad) scientists
- Manage relationships with creative agencies and advertising partners
- Working closely together with Supercell’s game teams and artists in Helsinki and our marketing teams in San Francisco and Seoul to craft each game’s brand positioning and overall creative strategy in SEA region
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, with direct experience in handling creative development and delivery
- Experience in managing multiple external partners in a remote setting
- Working experience in start-up environment
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
Nice to have
- Experience in localization project for multiple languages
- Experience in traditional media and advertising and performance based marketing
- Experience managing creative development and media planning/buying partners, from briefing through execution
- Any of the following language skills: Bahasa Indonesian, Bahasa Melayu, Thai, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese or Korean
Why you will love it here
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Tokyo, San Francisco and Shanghai as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
At Supercell every day offers a new playground with intriguing challenges, are you ready to play?