Merchandise Product Design Artist
United States, San Francisco
Supercell makes Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Boom Beach, and Hay Day - games that are loved by over one hundred million players worldwide. We believe that our players love these games so much that they may want even to enjoy them outside the game experience. Therefore, Supercell wants to create world-class merchandise, based on the worlds & characters of our games, crafted exclusively for our most dedicated fans.
To pursue this properly, what matters most is the product we create (and the product we don’t). Our players deserve the best quality, inside or outside of the games.
Our developers pour all their passion into our games and obsess over every detail. Most licensed merchandise doesn’t live up to this standard. Perhaps our first few merchandise attempts haven’t either.
A figure of Clash’s Barbarian isn’t a “SKU.” It is the icon of an experience enjoyed together by millions of players every day – and it can only be produced one way: the right way. A phone case isn’t an “accessory” and a t-shirt isn’t “apparel,” it’s an exclusive badge of honor, representing an aspect the game that only fellow Clashers would appreciate. These items are part of the game experience for which players and Supercell’s game developers can be proud.
And perhaps beyond all this are ideas that others have simply never done. Supercell loves ‘firsts.’ Can a mobile game partner across categories to create products and experiences that our players would flip for? We believe so.
Still interested? Supercell is looking for the right person who will work on a small, agile and nimble team to focus entirely on conceiving, designing, developing, and manufacturing the best games-related merchandise on the planet. We want someone who shares our values, aligned with our motivations, and who has the creative skills and experience to realize our product aspirations.
- Deep experience creating and designing physical, fun stuff.
- A love and passion for crafting quality products, toys, plush, figurines etc.
- Belief in the theory that there is no “bar,” there is only better.
- Fortitude to welcome feedback, knowing when to address it and when to push back.
- Passion for games and players is a must.
- “Proactive doer”, comfortable working without all the answers and loves doing what’s never been done before.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Making players and Supercell developers & colleagues even more proud of our game experiences.
- Collaborate with team to conceptualize, design and create products which bring the game characters to life.
- Maximize your artistic skills – sketching, 2D, 3D - to drive the process of creating quality products.
- Use past experience to drive the end to end process of product and packaging development.
- Work closely with the Game teams to ensure that licensed merchandise exceeds our own developers’ and the millions of fans’ highest quality expectations.
- Partner with Supercell’s talented artists across the company to develop and evaluate products from concept, through sampling, and final production.
- Extensive work with external partners providing inspiring art directions.
Why you’ll love it here
- A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
- Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai as well as annual company off-site meeting
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
At Supercell every day offers a new playground with intriguing challenges...are you ready to play?