People & Recruitment
Supercell is looking for someone to join our ‘People’ team, with a focus on recruitment to help us grow our team in Shanghai, which is currently the smallest team operating in the largest gaming market in the world! You will have the opportunity to drive a wide range of general People-related issues and lead the build-out of a world-class team from its early days. This means you will be partnering with the digital craftsmen that created Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, Hay Day and Boom Beach. If you enjoy wearing a suit and tie every day, sitting in pointless meetings most of the time and rather tell people what to do than do it yourself - stop reading here. We can’t promise you free gems but we can promise you challenges, adrenaline and fun times!
About the team
The China team is responsible for bringing the best of Supercell to China and Chinese gamers. As the world’s largest mobile gaming market and with a huge player base in China, this means there is a lot of exciting work to do especially when you consider that we’re the smallest team at Supercell! Each individual member of the China Team has the opportunity to make an immense impact on how we remain successful and hit the highest heights in this market. Every member of the China team is going to be responsible for a lot, and must be religious about quality and challenging conventions at every possible turn! We’re looking for people who are used to driving initiatives forward independently, can multi-task and who are ready to take big, creative risks to help us win.
- Identify and engage world class gaming talent for positions within Software Engineering, Design, Art, Marketing, Community & eSports through channels including headhunting, advertising, referral generation & industry events
- Partner with Hiring Managers and game team members to help define position requirements, create job descriptions and manage expectations around hiring
- Guide candidates through interview process ensuring “best in class” experience and strong assessment for hiring groups
- Maintain and deliver strong hiring related data to both the hiring groups and leadership team
- Be responsible for all ‘HR’ related initiatives in China, beyond just recruitment
- Work closely with the global recruitment team on joint projects to share and learn from each other
- Direct recruiting within an in-house environment or headhunting experience (strong preference for showing track-record of hiring gaming talent)
- Deep understanding of talent within the Chinese gaming market, especially mobile games companies
- A real passion for games, especially Supercell’s games
- Sleeves up, hands on, individual contribution. We don't have any spectators here at Supercell
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Experience working within high-growth, technology Startups an advantage
- Good English skills
- A first-row view into one of the currently most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with an extremely talented and experienced teams and people
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- Regular trips to Supercell's offices in Helsinki, Seoul, Tokyo & San Francisco
- Competitive salary and industry leading benefits
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!