Shanghai, China — fulltime
Concept Artist, New Project
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Concept Artist to join our Shanghai Studio.
Your focus will be on making new concepts for one of our new projects. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience creating concept art for both characters and environments.
At Supercell, we believe that small teams that find a way to work well together have the potential to create memorable games. It’s important that each team member takes pride in their work and knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players.
As a Concept Artist at Supercell, you will work closely with game designers and game artists to develop the theme of the game and shape it into an exciting vision.
If you think that describes you, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Create concept art for the game, including key art, characters, environments and props
- Work with other game artists to develop the game’s visual identity
- Provide 3D artists with ready concepts to work from
- Communicate characters' personalities and emotions through the character design
- Support the development of the game with any additional skills
- Deep understanding of art fundamentals, design principles and color theory
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality concept art.
- An ability to create functional character and environment designs for games
- Strong understanding of Supercell IPs’ art styles
- Understand that art has gameplay implications and solves visual problems within game design constraints
- Passionate about (mobile) games
- Proactive doer who takes responsibility and pride in their own work when given the freedom to work independently
- Strong cross-discipline communication skills
- Being a great teammate - we believe making games is a team sport
Nice to Have
- Ability to work with different art styles
- Experience with 3D software
- Experience with modern commercial game engines (Unreal Engine preferred)
We are a game company based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success. Read More
About Shanghai studio
As Supercell’s first ever international game development studio, the Shanghai studio is one of the most exciting things happening in Supercell and a unique opportunity to join at a relatively early stage to help shape our path. Our vision is to be a world-class international studio, making new global hit games; whilst leveraging the unique advantages of the game development scene in China and broader Asia.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed. Read More
This position is in Shanghai, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Shanghai is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along. Read more