We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join the Clash Mini team in our Shanghai studio!
As an essential part of the game team, your main focus is analyzing and interpreting data about the game. We’re looking for someone to help the team develop the game further, ask questions that have never been asked, and help the game team make data-informed decisions. You should be capable of solving problems from the formulation of it, to defining and interpreting the data collected, and also clearly and effectively communicating your results. In addition, you will be coworking with a strong team of fellow data scientists and data engineers to improve how we can use data to improve the whole company and all of its products.
If you are the curious mind we are looking for, the one who is always on the lookout for interesting and impactful information, a wizard at prioritization and pragmatism - then send us your application!
- Define what data should be collected and what analysis it unlocks
- Use quantitative analysis to understand how the game is played and identify impact and growth opportunities
- Support the game team in their day-to-day needs: facts, ideas, monitoring and assessing the impact of design decisions
- Proactively come up with actionable analyses across game design, monetization strategies, marketing strategies
- Use sound analytics to improve our business from marketing to in-game events and offers
- Collaborate with other data scientists and data engineers to expand the ways we are using our data to improve our games
- Years of experience in working as a data scientist in a product team
- Coding skills with R or python, and SQL at a proficient level
- Knowledge of modern data processing tools and cloud providers (e.g. PySpark, columnar DBs, Athena)
- Ability to implement and maintain basic ETL processes
- Fluent in the data science workflow, applying statistics, understanding biases
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken, especially for non-technical audience
- Skills to work with a team but also work autonomously
- Proactive drive to improve our games and yourself
Nice to haves
Relevant background and advanced knowledge of statistics, visualization, programming, or related skills
Experience in A-B testing, modeling, building data tools, creating insightful visualizations
Knowledge of the video game or entertainment industry
Develop and evolve statistical models to guide measurement and optimization
Pilot new methods to measure brand new types of marketing efforts