We are looking for a passionate and experienced Game Artist to join our Shanghai Studio which is our first international development studio outside Helsinki. If you are someone who has a tremendous amount of innovative game concept ideas that you would like to work with a world-class team to develop, in a culture that emphasizes independence and learning, in the world’s largest gaming market, then this is a perfect role for you.
You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused games. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don’t have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don’t have strict processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
Your main focus will be on developing new beloved characters for the game. You will need to be a generalist in the sense that you should be able to independently design, execute and make your assets work. You will be surrounded by people who will help you become a better game developer each day. They will inspire you and push you to make the best mobile games as we know them today, and in return, you will have the opportunity to do the same for them.
- Works on the development of a visual style, design and overall look
- Creates beautiful characters, assets and environments to be rolled out into the game
- Develops visual concepts and ideas
- Contributes with artwork ideas toward communities and forums
- Gets involved in the look and feel of further projects including animation, community and marketing
- Supports team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Generally just nails 2D, 3D and/or UI art for mobile games
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and maybe even final renderings/tweaks and animation
- Ability to create a variety of production quality, Supercell style, 3D art
- Proven experience with 3D software e.g. Maya / 3DS Max
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash (Adobe Animate)
- Pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Appreciation and understanding of User Interface design
- Previous experience in game development and game art