Game Designer, Clash Heroes
We have a new exciting Game Designer position open in the Clash Heroes team in our Shanghai Studio. The focus of this new role would be on core gameplay, creating satisfying combat content that realizes the high-level design pillars of the game. If you are someone who has a tremendous amount of innovative game concept ideas that you would like to work with a world-class team to develop, in a culture that emphasizes independence and learning, in the world’s largest gaming market, then this is a perfect role for you.
We expect you to be self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. We don’t have strict company processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
At Supercell most of the design decisions are made as a group effort and everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So whether you're an artist, programmer or community manager, you can contribute to the design. This makes it imperative that our game designers are strong team players and really thrive when working together with multiple disciplines and love to discuss ideas to get the best out of everybody’s contributions.
- Prototype, iterate and optimize monster/hero mechanics.
- Collaborate with level designers to craft interesting spaces and scenarios.
- Designing and implementing new core gameplay content.
- Contributing new design ideas and participating in feature development.
- Working closely with the rest of the team to ensure that core gameplay and meta systems support each other.
- Shared responsibility for the game’s overall design vision and ensuring that the whole development team shares and agrees on the vision.
- Understanding of how to craft rewarding combat encounters; the rules, actions and layouts needed to create compelling pacing and action.
- Experience scripting and designing combat spaces, monsters and bosses.
- Knowledge in designing and writing scripts to handle gameplay systems and basic AI behavior.
- Strong ability to implement gameplay using tools made by the engineers or yourself (This position requires someone who likes getting their hands dirty!).
- Strong & concise communicator of game concepts.
- Hunger and passion for making and playing games; curious and critically think about why games succeed and fail.
- Open and flexible enough to receive & adjust design choices upon valid feedback, but strong enough to back your own ideas & opinions.
- Programming skills are a plus but not mandatory; ability to think with the precision of an engineer and creativity of an artist is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Unreal engine is a big plus.