Game Designer, Clash Royale
We have a new exciting Game Designer position open in the Clash Royale team! We are looking for an experienced designer to fully own the strategy, and operations of Royale’s Live Events, and take it to a whole new level. This is a hands-on role that requires a deep understanding of how F2P mobile games engage and monetize. Your responsibilities will include driving design innovations, collaborating with other designers, business lead, and game analysts, on the economy and game modes, participating in planning future feature development, and operating seasonal events.
The focus of this new role would be to find fun, new ways to give our players enjoyable meta and content to engage with, within the framework of regular live events. We are a small team, so even though the starting point is on Live Events, we are looking for someone with an understanding of systems, economy, and gameplay design, who can flexibly collaborate on other aspects of Royale’s roadmap in the future.
We expect you to be self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don’t have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don’t have strict company processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
At Supercell most of the design decisions are made as a group effort and everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So whether you're an artist, programmer or community manager, you can contribute to the design. This makes it imperative that our game designers are strong team players and really thrive when working together with multiple disciplines and love to discuss ideas to get the best out of everybody’s contributions.
- Contribute new design ideas on ways to engage players, and collaborating with the team on related feature development
- Leading the live events roadmap planning, and driving the future live events strategy
- Collaborate with game data analysts to set target goals, regularly evaluate impact, and action on improvements
- Designing and implementing events and rewards, directly into the game
- Ensure the reward economy is balanced against the broader game economy
- Contribute ideas to the game’s meta, gameplay, and economy design
- Shared responsibility for the game’s overall design vision and ensuring that the whole development team shares and agrees on the vision
- Extensive understanding, skills and experience with game design and design processes
- A proven track record of designing gameplay innovations within the constraints of F2P game systems
- Understanding of system design, game balancing and game economies
- Understanding of gameplay design, live events, and content design
- Experience and skills in operating and maintaining live games
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Passion for games, especially mobile gaming