Game Tech Programmer
We’re looking for Game Tech Programmers to join our game teams in Helsinki!
As a Game Tech Programmer at Supercell you will work within a game team as the first point of contact for technical issues and improvements. Your primary purpose is to improve the development experience for your team members, allowing them to make amazing games. You will work closely with artists, designers, producers and other coders to find the most effective ways to improve the game development process within the team. Working closely with our engine team, you will help develop any tools and editors required by the game team, as well as providing technical support for incoming changes and updates from central tech teams. You will also have the opportunity to shape the future of tech here at Supercell, working with other ambitious and forward thinking developers.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where trust and talent are driving forces capable of achieving amazing results. If you’re interested in creating the best tools and technical environment for teams to create the best games - this role is for you.
- Maintaining, improving and developing editors, tools and plugins for game content creation and asset pipelines on Windows and Mac OS platforms
- Work closely with game team artists, designers, QA and programmers to identify and solve development process issues
- Work with the engine and other central tech teams to plan current and future needs for the game team, along with other game tech programmers
- Maintain and improve build process for all platforms
- Integrate improvements and other changes from central tech to minimize game team disruption
- Be an omniscient code wizard when it comes to your game, and the tech it’s built upon
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Experience in writing custom editors and tools for game development
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Game engine development experience
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people
- Driven, focused and willing to see projects through delivery
- A true desire to help other produce their best work
- Experience writing plugins for Blender or similar 3rd party content creation tools
- Experience in iOS / Android development
- Experience in Flash / Animate
- Experience with ImGui
- Experience with build process, including Jenkins, CMake, Visual Studio, XCode and advanced source control tools