Game Tech Programmer
We are now looking for Game Tech Programmers to join our game teams in Helsinki.
At Supercell, programmers are at the centre of our teams, working together with every other discipline and contributing not only to our great games, but also to how we make those great games. We’re looking for programmers who can help us create the technology that will drive the next generation of games at Supercell, and to work on tools and technologies to improve the development environment for a game team.
As a Game Tech Programmer you will work within a game team to be the first point of contact for technical issues and improvements. You will work closely with artists, designers, producers and other coders to find the most effective ways to improve the game development process within the team. Working closely with our central Tools and Technologies team, you will help develop our engine and editor not only for your game team, but for all current and future games here at Supercell.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where trust and talent are driving forces capable of achieving amazing results. If you’re interested in creating the best tools and technical environment for teams to create the best games - this role is for you.
- Maintaining, improving and developing editors, tools and plugins for game content creation and asset pipelines on Windows and Mac OS platforms
- Work closely with game team artists, designers, QA and programmers to identify and solve development process issues
- Work with the central tech team to plan current and future needs for the game team, along with other game tech programmers
- Maintain and improve build process for all platforms
- Integrate improvements and other changes from central tech to minimize game team disruption
- Be an omniscient code wizard when it comes to your game, and the tech it’s built upon
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Experience in writing custom editors and tools for game development
- Game engine / 3D engine development experience
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people
- Experience in writing plugins for 3rd party content creation tools, like Maya & Photoshop
- Experience in iOS / Android development
- Experience in Flash / Animate
- Experience with IMGUI
- Experience with build process, including Jenkins, CMake and advanced source control tools