Gameplay Programmer, Clash Royale
We're looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join us on Clash Royale!
Gameplay programmers are at the heart of our content development, working together with designers, artists, and other programmers to craft fresh, new experiences for our players. We’re looking for someone who can help us create ambitious gameplay mechanics for new characters, game modes, and features - from iterative prototypes, to in-game implementation for our live updates.
On Royale, you will help shape the future of the game, and your work will have a major impact on the experience of millions of players every day.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where trust, collaboration, and a passion for high quality work, are driving forces to achieving amazing results. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Collaborate closely with designers, other programmers, and artists to prototype and develop gameplay mechanics for new characters, game modes and features
- Improve the existing gameplay systems robustness and scalability, to be used by millions of players
- Identify and improve areas that will allow designers to prototype faster
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence, Graphics and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to gameplay design
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- 3+ years of experience working within game development, on mobile, console, or PC
- Comfortable working on an existing code base
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to optimize code performance
- Strong, professional experience using C++ in large code bases
- Passion for games
- Self motivated and proactive in problem solving
Nice to Have
- Experience working on live game development, and familiar with live operations
- Understanding of server development and real time systems
- Understanding and experience in different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)