Gameplay Programmer, New Game Team
We’re looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join us. At Supercell, Game programmers are at the centre of our teams, working together with every other discipline and making our games great. We’re looking for someone who can help us create the next generation of games at Supercell, to work on ambitious prototypes and grand ideas that have the potential to redefine how future free-to-play mobile games will look and play. This is an opportunity to join a bold new game team at Supercell that is building both games, and technology, which challenge the limits of mobile gaming. Work with a small team, where you can have true ownership and a big impact. We're looking for someone that wants to dream big, and can help us build it.
With only a few game programmers on the team you'll get to enjoy the variety of working on lots of different areas of game development. It’s important that you take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players. You are comfortable taking a feature from an idea on a post-it to a fully working and polished implementation and can teach us something new, too.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy or complicated processes. We believe game development is a team sport and work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the making of the world’s best mobile games. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence, Graphics and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Strong, professional experience using C++ in large code bases
- Deep understanding and experience in different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Deep understanding of and experience with Game Design
- Independence, ownership and solid team working skills. You have the ability to find the path forward for code and design and create great gameplay, whilst taking input from the team and also using your own initiative
- Previous experience of making and shipping 3D gameplay, on mobile, console or PC
- Passion for games