The Legal Team at Supercell is a small yet committed multinational unit that is dedicated to helping Supercell navigate the global legal and regulatory landscape. We strive to remove obstacles and avoid pitfalls for Supercellians as they create amazing experiences for our players! We touch all aspects of Supercell’s business by providing support in a wide range of practice areas - from specific topics like IP rights, marketing, data protection, employment and eSports, to more general commercial contracts and legal advice. As a small team, we have to know our limits, and when necessary, we tap into our close network of external experts to help us tackle issues that may require a very particular set of skills. Ultimately, the legal team is here to do whatever it takes, with a dash of Finnish sisu, to help all Supercellians make informed decisions and succeed in what they do best.
We are now looking for an energetic and proactive Legal Counsel to join this no-nonsense unit. The ideal candidate has experience working in different fields of law and can approach issues from all angles with a strategic and pragmatic mindset. While we do not expect you to be an expert in all fields, you should always be ready to tackle issues in new areas in order to get things done. We welcome you to the team if you come with a can-do attitude, and you're ready to get hands-on when needed. In return, we guarantee you a fun ride in a unique creative industry full of its own twists and turns.
- Degree in law from a recognized university or law school and legal qualification to practice law
- 5+ years of working experience from private legal practice or as an in-house lawyer in an international environment - ideally experience in working with different fields of law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Genuine interest in games and the games industry
- Helping out Supercell’s different teams with all things legal
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements in various areas, including licensing, outsourcing, creative work and media buy
- Help plan, maintain and deliver Supercell’s brand protection and enforcement strategy
- Manage Supercell’s external legal partners together with the legal team
- Help navigate the legal landscape to keep Supercell in the know with regulatory developments