Supercell is looking for a researcher to lead game, player, and market research for new and beta games. You will work closely with early game and marketing teams to better understand their needs, design and conduct research to best answer business questions, and extract insights from the work to inform decisions.
The work will include designing and conducting research to better understand the impact of game features and updates, player motivations, etc. helping us to improve the gaming experience. It will also include giving input and/or validating some hypotheses on our games’ positioning (e.g. target audiences) in regards to the mobile games market, and sharing these learnings to marketing and other teams as needed.
This role will be critical in building a research discipline for Supercell that can be fast, nimble, and scale to support global launches. You will become the subject matter expert on research for Supercell.
- Own the full discipline of product, player, and market research (design, analyze, distribute insights)
- Collaborate with game teams and marketers to identify and structure and prioritize key objectives and questions that can be answered by research
- Recommend the types of research and methodology best suited to arrive at needed insights
- Lead and manage the work of external research partners (e.g. including user testing, surveys, and ethnographies)
- Synthesize key learnings of complex and potentially broad problems into concise, actionable insights
- Share insights effectively to all the right stakeholders across the company
- Own monthly insights shared out on mobile games market, players, and other key categories
- 7+ years of experience in consumer or market research
- Expert in research methodologies, survey design, sampling distribution, analysis and reporting, etc.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in crafting research findings into narratives that everyone can understand
- Preferred proficiency in SQL (optional: Python / R)
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- Hands-on approach to work
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Passion for games and experience in mobile video games
If this sounds like you, please send us your application (CV and Cover/motivational letter) below.