Artist / Art Director
Small teams of Supercellians are constantly developing new games and working together to bring their concepts to life. Small teams allow us to build, break, and shift quickly… but they also require that everyone on the team fills multiple roles. At Supercell, our games come first. To ensure our games are played for years, by as many people as possible, we want to strengthen and expand the worlds of our games by telling timeless stories. Our Marketing team is seeking an Artist / Art Director who can help deepen our world and characters through world-class CG cinematics and other storytelling formats.
Whatever your background is, you are a storyteller at heart. You believe that timeless and emotionally powerful stories spring from distinctive worlds populated by memorable characters. You will play an indispensable role in building those worlds and telling those stories for an audience of hundreds of millions around the world.
You can have your own special skill (or two), and we don’t expect you to be perfect in everything. What’s more important is your eagerness to solve a broad variety of creative challenges to help build love for the game through marketing. Most importantly, we’re looking for artists who love, live and breathe games. You’ll be surrounded by game programmers, artists, community managers, brand marketers, and others who do too. Together, you’ll work to build worlds, characters and games to be loved and enjoyed by millions and millions of players for years to come!
- VISION: develop and nurture a clear artistic vision for our marketing creatives, from cinematic shorts to illustrations to animated series. Own and lead all artistic aspects of production.
- SOUP TO NUTS: Whatever it takes to get the job done. You either roll up your sleeves to do it yourself or find partners to help you realize the vision. This can mean everything from guiding our animation partners to directly manipulating 3D rigs yourself.
- PARTNERS: select and manage key creative partners (animation houses, creative agencies, etc).
- GUARDIAN: ensure that everything we produce is world-class in quality and authentic to our game worlds, and actively helps our IP last for decades.
- World-class visual storyteller
- Pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Proactive and fearless “doer”
- Passionate about world-building and character development
- Experience in project management
- Direct artist experience with at least one of: animation (2D/3D), layout, modeling, storyboarding, character animation, effects, composition, editing
- Experience with CG / 2D / 3D animation