Marketing Lead, China
We’re looking for a Marketing Lead to steer and guide our team of superstar marketers in Shanghai, who together are responsible for publishing our live games in the world’s largest gaming market and keeping our tens of millions of players in China entertained.
You need to be a seasoned leader who cares deeply about people, creating the best team possible and nurturing a strong culture & environment for the team to shine. You are a strategic, long-term visionary. Not only do you understand how to market games in the region but, more importantly, you are good at inspiring marketers to push themselves to raise their own bar & work collaboratively to make complex marketing decisions that are for the best of Supercell (i.e. you do not need to know all the answers yourself). You are a great communicator and collaborator, both within the team and across teams in our other offices. It’s important that you are passionate about games, and can work collaboratively with our game teams in Helsinki and Shanghai & other marketing offices. If this sounds like you, we’re interested in talking to you!
- Lead an established & full cross-functional marketing team responsible for making our games reach the widest audience possible in China
- Ensure that you have the best & high performing marketing team in place; truly care in investing in developing people, the team’s health and maintaining our unique culture
- Being a strong strategic vision holder for the team; leading marketing strategy & execution when needed
- Collaborate internally and effectively with all game teams and across different marketing functions and offices
- Help the team navigate unique marketing opportunities & challenges in China whilst also being a strong communicator of those with our other global teams
- Working with our team, manage & drive important relationships with our key marketing & publishing partners
- Great people and leadership skills
- Deep experience working with global game and marketing teams
- Strong communication, collaboration & presentation skills
- Demonstrated capability in long-term strategic thinking & planning with a strong analytical eye on results
- Proactive doer, getting hands-on when needed
- Humble attitude, willing to take feedback well and the ability to lead by example
- Understanding of how to successfully market mobile games, build IP & engage players in China; you’ve managed the end-to-end delivery of complex marketing initiatives
- Passion for games
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
About Shanghai studio
As Supercell’s first ever international game development studio, the Shanghai studio is one of the most exciting things happening in Supercell and a unique opportunity to join at a relatively early stage to help shape our path. Our vision is to be a world-class international studio, making new global hit games; whilst leveraging the unique advantages of the game development scene in China and broader Asia.
You might love it here…
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Shanghai, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Shanghai is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.