Senior Game Artist (VFX), Brawl Stars
Supercell structure is based on the idea of having small, independent teams. Small teams allow us to build, break and shift quickly, but they also require that everyone on the team fills multiple roles. Working as an artist at Supercell is not an exception to this, and therefore Brawl Stars team is now looking for a Game Artist who will specialize in visual effects but is able to contribute in other areas of game development as well.
We are not looking for just any artist, but we're looking for a Game Artist that loves, plays, lives and breathes games. You will be surrounded by people who will help you become a better game developer each day, inspire you and push you to break mobile games as we know them today. And you will also do the same to the people you are working with.
During the years at Supercell, most likely you will be working both on an existing IP's and new, unpublished games. Whatever it is you are working on, you'll own it. You enjoy working as part of a team, but have a proactive approach with a hunger to take responsibility on an individual level. Our teams are small and agile, and we strongly believe in the creative freedom of an artist. As a game artist at Supercell, you will be responsible for the overall look of the game you are working on.
- Generally just nail game art work, specifically VFX and Supercell/ Brawl Stars style
- Develop mobile games and experiences loved by our players
- Make VFX from concept art to implementing
- Make 2D / 3D objects for projectiles
- Optimize and manage VFX resources efficiently
- Support other parts related to VFX (UI / 2D Animation)
- Collaborate with the team and support the game development process from A to Z
- Work closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Excellent understanding of stylized 2D VFX
- Excellent understanding of 2D skeletal animation
- Familiarity with Flash (Adobe Animate) and Adobe Photoshop
- Modest capability in additional skills (2D / 3D Art, 3D animation, UI design)
- Basic knowledge in Technical Art, appreciation and understanding of UI design
- Pride and responsibility in your work as you are given the freedom to work independently and expected to do that with minimal supervision
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Previous experience in game development and game art
- Passion for games, especially Supercell games