Senior Game Programmer
We are now looking for Senior Game Programmers to join our game teams in Helsinki. Depending on your personal preferences and strengths, you could join either a live game team or a new game team. We currently have several teams interested in hiring a new programmer - Clash Royale, Everdale and some new games still in development just to name a few.
At Supercell, game programmers are at the centre of our teams, working together with every other discipline and making our games great. Beyond building tech, you will wear your designer hat and make a ton of calls on what goes (and what doesn’t go) into the game. Whatever team you’d end up joining, you will develop and continue to grow the game together with the rest of the team. You will get to enjoy a variety of work on lots of different areas of the game. You should take pride in your work, know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players. You are comfortable taking an idea on a post-it to a fully working and polished implementation.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy or complicated processes. We believe game development is a team sport and we work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the making of the world’s best mobile games. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence, Graphics and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Depending on the team and your interests, you might also mentor and coach other team members
- Strong, professional experience using C++ in large code bases
- Deep understanding and experience in different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Independence, ownership and solid team working skills. You have the ability to find the path forward for code and design and create great gameplay, whilst taking input from the team and also using your own initiative
- Passion for games