Shanghai, China — fulltime
VFX Artist, New Project
We are looking for a passionate and experienced VFX Artist to join our Shanghai Studio.
Your focus will be on developing VFX for one of our new projects. You should be able to independently plan, execute and make your assets work, but the ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience establishing art styles for VFX and executing iterations in-engine.
At Supercell, we believe that small teams that find a way to work well together have the potential to create memorable games. It’s important that each team member takes pride in their work and knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players.
As a VFX artist at Supercell, you will work closely with game designers, game programmers, and game artists, and create content that improves gameplay feel and features. You will also make important decisions about the overall look of the game and create VFX that enhance visual feedback and player experience.
If you think that describes you, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead the development of the visual style and overall look of VFX
- Create, design and implement effects using both static and animated elements from concept through to final optimization.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to produce a cohesive game experience
- Support the development of the game with any additional skillsExtensive experience creating shaders and textures for VFX
- Extensive experience creating shaders and textures for VFX
- Ability to create all assets needed for environmental and gameplay VFX
- Hands-on experience with Unreal Engine & Niagara
- Able to stay within budget and understand platform limitations
- Passionate about (mobile) games
- Proactive doer who takes responsibility and pride in their own work when given the freedom to work independently
- Strong cross-discipline communication skills
- Being a great teammate - we believe making games is a team sport
Nice to Have
- Experience with Blueprints
- Experience with VFX for UI
We are a game company based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success. Read More
About Shanghai studio
As Supercell’s first ever international game development studio, the Shanghai studio is one of the most exciting things happening in Supercell and a unique opportunity to join at a relatively early stage to help shape our path. Our vision is to be a world-class international studio, making new global hit games; whilst leveraging the unique advantages of the game development scene in China and broader Asia.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed. Read More
This position is in Shanghai, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Shanghai is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along. Read more