Supercell Community Event and Tournament Guidelines
Effective Date: 1 July 2018
Want to host a Supercell game tournament? We're here to help! Our goal is to make tournaments fair, fun and worry-free for everyone; we've drawn up Community Tournament Guidelines to make it easy as pie! Pie you make in the microwave!
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL TOURNAMENTS AND EVENTS.
- All tournaments must be free to enter for the players – no exceptions! This include things like membership fees or season passes. That said, if you host a live event, you may charge entry fees from the spectators to enter the venue itself, but not to compete.
- You are responsible for providing all prizes for your event. You cannot ask players to fund prizes. The maximum combined value of all prizes (cash, merchandize etc…) is $10,000, unless bigger prizes are explicitly approved in writing by Supercell in advance.
- Note: you can offer in game items or cash/cash-equivalent, but not both. Tournaments with in-game rewards cannot be combined with out-of-game rewards.
- Supercell is in charge of its games but the hosts are in charge of their events. You can't say that an event is "official" or suggest that Supercell is involved with, responsible for, or endorses, your event or any prizes awarded.
- As host, make sure your event is legal under applicable local law and regulations.
- To host or play in an event, you must be old enough to compete or host per local regulations & requirements – it's the law! Additionally, participants must be at least 13 years of age for events with no cash prizes and 16 years of age (and with written or in-person consent from parent or legal guardian if not of legal age) for events with cash prizes.
- Tournaments should be fun and engaging; skill must determine the winners. Any types of match-fixing and/or similar shady activities are strictly forbidden!
BRANDING, SPONSORS AND PUBLICITY
- You can use the tournament/event art we provide, but you can't modify them. Game logos can only be used with Supercell's express permission. Supercell's logo may not be used.
- You can record or stream your tournament or Event on any online platform, but you cannot broadcast on TV without Supercell's prior written approval. You, or the platform(s) you choose to work with, can't charge people to view your tournament, or event stream(s).
- You need to keep any sponsorship activities separate from Supercell's games, brand, logos and other content, unless Supercell has given you a written permission to do otherwise. In particular, you may not (i) use sponsor names in the tournament or event name; (ii) allow sponsor logos or other marketing material to appear at the tournament or event venue, website or otherwise prominently; (iii) make any reference to sponsors in any promotional or other material that contains images, characters, text, logos or other content from Supercell's games; or (iv) make any reference to sponsors in the pre, mid and post-rolls of your broadcast, stream or other video content related to your tournament or event.
- Nothing related to your tournament or event can contain or promote content that is misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, illegal, obscene, libelous, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable or contrary to Supercell's interests. Your tournament or event can't promote other game companies, publishers or platforms, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, pornography, weapons, betting or gambling, or any companies, products or services related to the above.
- You can't register trademarks, domain names, copyrights, social media accounts or related addresses for your tournament or event which include or are confusingly similar to Supercell's trademarks (such as SUPERCELL, CLASH ROYALE, CLASH ROYALE LEAGUE, CLASH OF CLANS, HAY DAY or BOOM BEACH) or other Supercell's assets, without a separate written agreement with Supercell.
- Supercell may promote your tournament or event, or use the results of your tournament or event to qualify players for official Supercell tournament events and marketing activities.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- CRL (Clash Royale League) players, specifically the players that have been signed to play for a CRL team in a season, may not participate in non-CRL Events during the CRL season, as defined by Supercell, without our written permission.
- In order to deliver the gameplay experience as it was designed, please do not use any emulators or similar software in connection with your tournament or event.
- Mods, bots and other unauthorized third party software products are strictly forbidden. Mobile devices should be used in the tournaments and events. Specifically for streaming/capturing, we recommend using a tablet due to higher resolution.
- We want tournaments and events to be fair and fun. We'll take appropriate action, including suspending or cancelling tournaments and events if need be.
- If your tournament or event fits within these Tournament Guidelines, you don't need a license or other permission from Supercell. If it doesn't, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we can work together.
- Except for these requirements, setting up and running a tournament or event is up to you! The competition format, rules and prizes are all up to you, as long as they meet the Tournament Guidelines!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks, and have fun!
Note that these Tournament Guidelines are always evolving; they may be amended at any time via an online post, so please check back here for updates!