Senior Game Programmer
We are looking for an experienced Game Client Programmer who takes pride in their work, and knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused products. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
Our client programmers are gameplay masters. Beyond building tech, you’ll wear your designer hat and make important calls about what goes and doesn’t go into games. We look for talented programmers to work on both live game development and prototyping that can contribute to all areas of game programming, the type of folks that we can build entire game teams around. If you’re ready to write code, design and make fun for millions of players, read on!
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Passion for games
- Understanding/experience with any of the following is a plus: Touch UI development, Open GL, Content Driven Systems, Free to Play model, Unity
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland, but you are not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We’re here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you’re bringing along.