Senior UI/UX Artist, New Project
We are looking for a passionate and experienced game artist specialized on UI/UX to join our Shanghai Studio which is our first international development studio outside Helsinki. If you are someone who has a tremendous amount of innovative game UI/UX design ideas that you would like to work with a world-class team to develop, in a culture that emphasizes independence and learning, in the world’s largest gaming market, then this is a perfect role for you. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused games. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don’t have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don’t have strict processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
Your main focus will be on developing game UI/UX for one of our new projects. You will need to be a generalist in the sense that you should be able to independently design, execute and make your assets work. Your portfolio oozes in quality and polish, and indicates a determination to push boundaries and create kick-ass UI but also game art in general. If you also enjoy working with 3D and are interested in broadening your skill set - great! You enjoy working as part of a team, but are hungry to take responsibility on an individual level. We feel that talent feeds talent, and that’s why we work together to create the best possible designs.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists at Supercell. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Continue the development of the visual style, design and overall look of the new project
- Develop and create UI solutions, both existing and new ones
- Develop concepts and ideas for future release
- Understand the new project audience in order to develop art and experience know and love
- Involve yourself with the look and feel of further projects including animation, marketing and 3D assets
- Solid and proven experience of User Interface design
- Some interest and experience in 3D modelling (Maya and 3DS Max, ZBrush is a plus)
- Interest in game design in general
- Proven experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash (Illustrator is a plus)
- Demonstrate pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team