Community Manager, Japan
We're extremely lucky. We have some of the best, most vocal, creative and passionate players in the world. Our players provide amazing feedback, create really cool content and are a huge part of how we develop and design our games. With such an invested player base, we need extremely talented Community Managers that can communicate with and entertain our fans. Now we're seeking an experienced and dedicated Community Manager for Japan.
As the Community Manager for Japan, you'll serve as an advocate for the development team and our players, communicating the team's vision and providing the dev team with up to date and accurate insights from the community. In addition, you'll create content to engage and encourage our players, working with YouTubers, fan artists and other evangelists and closely collaborating with internal teams and external partners. As part of the Community and Game Teams, you'll have a huge role in shaping game development, influencing design decisions, and making sure our players have the best possible time playing our game in Japan.
The role is based either in Tokyo or Helsinki (relocation support is offered if needed).
- Communicate the team's vision to our players in Japan
- Understand current trends within the community and provide the team with insights
- Represent our players within the team and the rest of the company
- Build strong relationships with content creators
- Help shape the game's development and influence design decisions
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams
- Work with external partners
- 3+ years of experience from the Japanese game industry, and deep understanding of the Japanese mobile gaming community
- Native Japanese speaker, strong especially in writing
- Business level English
- Frequent travel to Tokyo/Helsinki and other Supercell offices for deep communication with teams
- Being able to "read the room" and act accordingly
- Great and comfortable communicator with our teams, influencers and players online and face-to-face
- Passion for our games and social media
- Experience addressing difficult situations within the community when required
- Experience managing social media channels including Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, LINE, Tik Tok and Instagram
- Experience with social media management and business intelligence tools
- Experience in graphic design/Photoshop
- Comfortable on camera
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.