Data Scientist, Anti-Fraud
At Supercell, we want our games to be safe and fair for all players, but making that a reality is no easy task. We are in a constant race to combat and stop the small percentage of our players that engage in bad behavior. We're seeking a magical Anti-Fraud Data Scientist with the wizardry, data chops, and strategic thinking to help understand, detect, prevent, and mitigate cheating and fraud, before, while and after it happens.
You'll be part of both the Data Science team and the Anti-Fraud team, a small cross-functional team that works closely with all game teams as well as our player experience team. You possess the ability to do independent research and generate insights from large data sets as well as proactively develop and deploy analytics models. You'll use these special powers to identify and analyze trends in player behaviour and help to minimize the impact cheating and fraud has on our support channels, keep our game environments safe and fair and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes to detect and predict fraud events
- Proactively identify fraud detection issues and provide analytical/modeling solutions
- Design and implement efficient and scalable risk models and rules for production environment
- Analyze data trends and translate them into actionable business insights
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs.
- Liaise with cross functional teams to create anti-fraud tools for multiple use cases
- Document and communicate results and insights, recommend solutions to stakeholders
- B.Sc./ M.Sc./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering)
- 4+ years experience in a data scientist or analyst role, involving some of the following: fraud detection, data analytics, CRM data analysis, data mining, business intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis techniques: regression analysis, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, distribution analysis, multi-variate analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, etc.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Big Data technologies (AWS EMR, Spark, Hadoop, columnar DBs, NoSQL, etc.)
- Proficiency in (statistical) programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with different machine learning methods (logistic regression, decision trees, deep learning etc.)
- Expert analytical, problem solving, and systems thinking skills, plus ability to innovate
- Experience in interpreting data and analytics results to provide actionable insight into fraud events, to derive conclusions from those insights, and to compile the analyses into normal English and present the findings to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in the Anti-Fraud sector, specifically focused on virtual economics
- Passion for games, especially Supercell games
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
YOU MIGHT LOVE IT HERE...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
THIS POSITION IS IN FINLAND, BUT YOU’RE NOT?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We’re here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you’re bringing along.