Data Scientist, Anti-Fraud
Would you watch and get excited about a football match if you knew from the get-go it was rigged?
We didn't think so. We want our players to be 100% excited about our games, knowing that we do everything we can to provide a fair and secure gameplay environment. To achieve this, we are looking for a magical Data Scientist with a knack for Data Engineering.
Someone who loves to dig into large data sets to find the proverbial needle in the haystack and help us develop innovative solutions to protect our games and players. Mods, Bots, Spam, Account Takeover, Payment Fraud... the creativity of fraudsters knows no limit. If you like a versatile, fast paced working environment where you have full independence and responsibility of getting things done, then this is for you.
As Data Scientist in our team you will get your hands on all of our games' data and play a leading role in creating state of the art cheat detection and prevention. You'll be part of both the Data Science and the Anti-Fraud team, and work closely with all game teams as well as our player experience team.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes to detect anomalies
- Proactively identify fraud/cheat related issues and develop analytical/modeling solutions
- Design and implement efficient and scalable risk models and rules for production environment
- Analyze data trends and translate them into actionable business insights
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale
- Scale the training and serving of machine learning models to tens or even hundreds of millions of data points
- Create monitoring and testing capabilities for data-driven product features
- Work with Data Pipelines
- Liaise with cross functional teams to create tools for multiple use cases
- B.Sc./ M.Sc./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering)
- 4+ years experience in a data scientist or analyst role, involving some of the following: data analytics, CRM data analysis, data mining, business intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques: regression analysis, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, distribution analysis, multi-variate analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, etc.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Big Data technologies (AWS EMR, Spark, Hadoop, columnar DBs, NoSQL, etc.)
- Proficiency in (statistical) programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with different machine learning methods (logistic regression, decision trees, deep learning etc.)
- Experience in interpreting data and analytics results to provide actionable insight into fraud events, to derive conclusions from those insights, and to compile the analyses into normal English and present the findings to non-technical audiences.
- Passion for games
Bonus points for
- Experience in the Anti-Fraud sector, specifically focused on virtual economics
- Experience in the Mobile Games sector
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland, but you are not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated relocation team will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.